Service & Repair
We offer Service & Repairs for most makes and models of mechanical domestic sewing machine.
How often should i have my machine serviced?
Sewing machine like your car will require servicing at some intervals during their life.The service depends on how much you have used the machine ( it's mileage) and how you have stored, cared for it between use. .
Cleaning and servicing at regular intervals will increase the longevity of your machine.
How long does it take to repair or service sewing machine?
servicing & repair work will take from 6-8 days subject to the availabillity of any parts.
What to Bring for check- up?
Obviously your sewing machine and also bring.
- Foot pedal control.
- Power cord
- Standard presser foot.
- Standard zig zag foot.
- Bobbin & bobbin case.
- Sewing machine manual & accessories
What does a service include?
- Cleaning throughout the whole machine by removing all the covers and cleaning out any old gunk, grime,grease, fluff, dust and lint hiding in the machine.
- Check and adjust top and bottom thread tension.
- Check and adjust needle and hook timing.
- Check and adjust the feed dog are straight and not rubbing on the stitch plate.
- Check and adjust bobbin winder
- Check motor.
- Check and adjust zig zag setting.
- Check and adjust presser foot height .
- Check and adjust the reverse stitch setting.
- Check and adjust needle bar alignmemt.
- Check and tighten any gears that are getting loose.
- Check and adjust the drive belt.
- Check the wear of all barrings.
- Remove the old oil and greas.
- Apply fresh oil to moving parts.
How much sewing machine service & repair costs?
Mechanical sewing machine costs £35 excluding parts.
We can't offer service & repair for Overlock and Computarized sewing machine.
Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to read our Terms & Conditions.
Once we evaluate your machine , then we will call or email you to advise on charges for the repair, service , both or otherwise.
Sewing machine service & repair payment must be paid in full before the sewing machine is collected by the customer. We will contact the customer to arrange a collection time & date.
Once the agreed work is completed the machine will be tested and approved. We will make it available for collection.